Summer Music Mentors
Due to the necessary cancellation of Waubonsie Summer Music for 2020, Summer Music Mentors was developed to provide an opportunity for middle school musicians to have a fun way to continue their music making this summer with a trained high school musician - FREE OF CHARGE.
What does this mean?
What does this mean?
- Any 204 middle school student currently enrolled in a band, choir, or orchestra may receive a FREE practice session periodically through the summer based on your and the Music Mentor’s schedule.
- Selected high school music students who have been trained by the 204 music faculty, will provide practice techniques that keep your student playing and progressing throughout the summer months.
- Sessions will take place at a regularly scheduled time each week and will be approximately 15 minutes in length during this summer. Need to miss a week for a family event?...the Music Mentors are flexible.
- Your child will need access to a device to video conference.
- Students are volunteering their time. The high school music faculty has asked the students to communicate directly with parents regarding any changes to the schedule or cancellations that may happen. Although there is no charge, it is a courtesy to contact your Music Mentor if you need to cancel or possibly change the scheduled time.
- Music mentors will do their best to accept as many students as possible. If for some reason you need to cancel your student’s involvement, please contact your music mentor immediately so they are able to work with another student. Sixth grade students will be given priority enrollment in the event a Music Mentor’s schedule is full.
- We cannot guarantee every instrument will be available, but we are working to get as many volunteers as possible.
- These are not intended to replace Private Lessons or Guided Practice Lessons. Summer Music Mentor sessions will be short and more social in nature. Private Lessons are the most beneficial opportunity for anyone able to provide them for their child. Please use the links below if you are interested in providing a more focused private lesson experience for your child.
- This program is not sponsored by District 204 nor intended to provide curricular instruction. Music Mentors are considered “outside” tutors that are contacted directly by parents similar to that of hiring an “outside” math or English tutor. All communication is handled by the parent and music mentor.
- The safety of your student and the Music Mentor safety is a priority. Please practice internet safety and monitor your student’s online activity.
- If you need any help connecting with a Music Mentor or have a question, please email the WVHS Fine Arts Department Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In early June, we will post a link here to view approved Music Mentors. We apologize for the temporary delay.
- Contact the Music Mentor for your child's instrument via email or phone to set up a day of the week and specific time.